- To teach children life skills that will positively impact on their future
- To teach children how to co-operate and collaborate with others, as part of a team, understanding fairness and equity of play to embed life-long values
- To learn to play competitively with passion, respect for others and with resilience.
- Involve our children in the continuous process of planning, performing and evaluating all areas of physical activity.
- Provide activities in which all children may participate with enjoyment and without worry of failure
- Provide appropriate opportunities for competitive challenge for all children
- Encourage the development of positive attitudes and healthy lifestyle not just for their primary years but for life
- Ensure safe practice during physical activity.